Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Kisah Benar

PLASTIC GORENG WILL MAKE YOU SICK>

This is a true story (from my friend).>
> Mum said my uncle saw it in Tunjang (Kedah) and the pasar malam in Titi Chai Kangar (Perlis) where goreng pisang was sold on afternoons.>
> The hawker added a plastic drinking straw into a wok of hot oil and let it> melt completely before he started to fry some bananas in the bubbling oil.>
> This is why some fried bananas and ubi are so crispy... for hours...!!>
> My uncle asked the hawker about this, but the hawker did not answer him.> When my uncle told my mum about this, they realised this is how the hawkers> ensure that fried food stays crispy for their customers. My mum said that> in Thailand , they do the same thing to keep fried ikan bilis and fried> onions crispy, even if left in the open for hours!!>

> Another time, I was with my family in Cameron Highlands . It was 3:00 pm> and we were hanging around the market area, where there were several hawker> stalls.> > At one of them, there was a big wok of boiling oil with an empty plastic> bottle floating in it and slowly melting. At first I thought it had fallen> into the oil accidentally, but then I saw a little girl, about 7-years old,> holding a pair of chopsticks and stirring the bottle around in the hot oil.> >

> I realised, Oh my God... these people were using melted plastic to fry> food, so that the fried snacks would not turn soft when it cooled down> later.>
> Please forward to all your friends... DO NOT EAT CRISPY FRIED SNACKS from> the hawkers!! Even if you don't see them melting the plastic in oil, they> might have added the plastic a few hours before. After all, they keep the> black oil for next day's frying as well, to save cost on cooking oil.> 不要再吃 pisang goreng 了

No comments: